Effective herbal remedies can help those that suffer from common ailments rather than an expensive trip to the doctor and resulting prescriptions. Specific herbs can be made into healing salves, tonics and teas not only to relieve irritating symptoms that accompany these ailments, but also to cure them. (Make your own herbal preparations >>) Or, you can buy these already ready!
Herbal remedies have innate benefits that can work for a variety of common ailments from acne to warts. Below are some herbal treatments for everyday ailments:
Acne – There are a number of conditions that can perpetuate acne, but the most common causes are hormonal imbalance (such as in adolescence), stress and some medications. Effective herbal remedies include:
- Enchinacea – Reduces inflammation and has healing qualities.
- Witch Hazel – Used as a topical astringent.
- Aloe Gel – Topically applied as an antibacterial (and astringent) agent.
Bladder infections – This type of infection occurs when bacteria enters the urinary tract — generally, in women. Some symptoms include constant or painful urination. Treat bladder infections with the following herbal remedies:
- Barberry – Helps the immune system fight infection.
- Cranberry juice – Inhibits bacterial growth by increasing acid in the urine.
- Dandelion – Detoxifies the bladder. Read More→