Having healthy, glowing skin is something that many people desire. Fortunately, there are a variety of remedies for having healthy skin naturally. These can help you achieve the look you want, without having to rely on harsh chemicals or expensive products.
After all, natural is better, right? So, what’s in your skin care routine?
If you want clear, vibrant, youthful skin – naturally – read on…
Tips for Healthy skin naturally
1. Coconut is one of the top natural remedies.
Not only does coconut oil help to keep skin moisturized and hydrated, but it can also act as a protective barrier against environmental elements, helping to reduce signs of aging such as wrinkles and lines. Coconut oil is rich in antioxidants, which help to combat free radicals and fight inflammation caused by skin conditions like eczema or acne.
2. Aloe vera is another popular herb that can be used for its healing properties when it comes to skin care.
Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antioxidant effects that can help reduce redness, swelling and pain associated with various skin issues such as sunburns or insect bites. It can also help heal wounds and promote collagen production.
3. Chamomile is a herb known for its calming effects on both body and mind
In terms of skincare, chamomile can be applied topically to help soothe irritated or inflamed skin due to eczema or acne. Its antifungal properties make it effective against fungal infections such as athlete’s foot or ringworm. Chamomile tea can also be consumed for its benefits; drinking several cups daily will provide your body with antioxidants which may reduce your risk of developing chronic diseases like cancer or heart disease.
4. Ginger root is another natural remedy that has been used for centuries due to its anti-inflammatory properties
Ginger root helps reduce redness, swelling and itching associated with rashes, psoriasis or other skin irritations. It also has antimicrobial effects which make it effective in treating acne or other bacterial infections on the skin’s surface. To use ginger root as a home remedy simply boil some in water then apply the cooled liquid directly onto the affected area of the skin.
5. Rosehip seed oil is an excellent choice for healthy skin naturally
Rosehip seed oil contains essential fatty acids (Omega 3 & 6) that are beneficial for our overall health but specifically work wonders on our complexion! Rosehip oil helps boost cell regeneration which makes it perfect for treating sun damage, scars or wrinkles! Additionally this oil is hydrating yet lightweight so it won’t clog pores making it suitable for all types of skins – dry, oily & combination alike! (This is the Rosehip oil I buy and recommend.)
6. Neem is known for its detoxifying and blood-purifying abilities
Neem gives skin a healthy glow, and has been used as an astringent tonic. Neem is also a powerful antioxidant that helps protect the skin from free radical damage, making it an ideal ingredient for use in soap.
Standard benefits of Neem:
- Neem is a natural anti-inflammatory.
- Neem helps soothe and calm the skin.
- Neem is effective in treating acne, psoriasis, eczema and other skin conditions.
- Feel confident about your skin.
- Enjoy the peace of mind that comes with using a natural product to treat your skin issues.
7. Lemon, Honey Water – yep! For Healthy Skin Naturally!
Lemon is rich in Vitamin C which helps boost collagen production, water helps keep the skin hydrated, and honey is a natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agent. All three of these ingredients combined can help improve the overall appearance of your skin.
Adding lemon, water, and honey to your daily routine can help improve the condition of your skin. To get the full benefits of this simple remedy, you should aim to drink 8 ounces every morning. Simply combine one cup of warm water with the juice from half a lemon, and a teaspoon (or two) of honey.
Boosting collagen production helps you achieve a more youthful appearance.
Collagen is a protein that helps maintain the structure of the skin, giving it a more youthful look. Thankfully, there are herbs and natural remedies that can help boost collagen production in the skin, which can help reduce wrinkles and fine lines as well as improve overall skin tone.
Rosemary is an herb that contains rosmarinic acid which helps minimize wrinkles, while also reducing inflammation and irritation in the skin. It also has antioxidant properties which help protect against environmental damage, as well as promoting cell renewal and collagen synthesis.
Other herbs that can be used to boost collagen in the skin include oregano, thyme, and basil.
- Oregano has high levels of phenolic compounds that act as antioxidants, helping to reduce inflammation while increasing collagen production.
- Thyme is rich in polyphenols which work to hydrate and nourish the skin while stimulating collagen production.
- And basil contains flavonoids which are effective at providing protection from free radicals, promoting healthy cell growth, and boosting collagen production.
It’s not just herbs that can help boost collagen in the skin; certain natural oils can also help with this process.
- Olive oil is one such oil; it contains squalene which helps keep the skin moisturized while also acting as an anti-inflammatory agent to reduce redness or swelling on the surface of the skin.
- Avocado oil is another option; its fatty acids help provide deep moisture for dry skin while promoting elasticity and collagen production.
- And jojoba oil contains antioxidants that protect against environmental damage while encouraging cell regeneration and helping maintain a youthful appearance overall.
When looking for herbs or natural remedies to help boost collagen production in your skin it’s important to look for products containing active ingredients like probiotics or retinol derivatives like bakuchiol or retinyl palmitate, as these have been proven to effectively increase collagen levels over time when applied topically.
Additionally avoiding harsh chemicals or products with fragrances is essential if you want to keep your skin looking refreshed and youthful without causing any kind of irritation or further damage down the line!
These herbs and natural remedies for healthy skin can be used in a variety of ways to help achieve a more youthful appearance. Eating them is one way, however, as some of the ingredients may not be as effective when consumed orally due to their inability to absorb into the bloodstream, it may not be the most efficient choice for boosting collagen production.
The most common way to use these herbs for healthy skin naturally is topically, by incorporating them into your skincare routine, for example, by making a homemade herbal face mask.
To make a homemade face mask, you will need:
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 drops of lavender oil
To make the mask, mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until well combined. Then apply it to your clean face and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with warm water and pat dry. You can use this mask 2-3 times a week.
For more recipes for skin care, visit our herbal spa.
By the way, during my research I found this skincare ingredient dictionary on the Good Housekeeping website to be very interesting, and thought you might find it to be as well!